May 21, 2014

One Year Old


I can't believe it's been a year (last friday, May 16th) since we had Hudson. I still remember every detail of laboring, and I will never forget the feeling I had when he was laid upon my chest. I never knew I could love someone so much. This sweet boy is just the best thing we've ever been blessed with, I can't quite explain how much absolute joy he has brought to our lives. He has showed us that joy can be found in throwing a ball at a wall or people walking down the sidewalk. He is humbling to say the least. 

I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up, sure I'd rattle out some lofty job I thought would satisfy me, but I can tell you now that I was meant to be a mom & a wife. It's better than I could have dreamed. 

So Hudson at 12 months, well there is so much to say.

He absolutely loves basketball, watching it, playing it, he loves it. He loves balls, they are his favorite toy by far. He loves "wrestling" with his daddy. Loves going outside and walking up and down the sidewalk to say hi to all the neighbors - he is the happiest kid you will meet. He loves watering the flowers with mom. Loves to explore everything, everywhere, he is always thinking you can see it in his eyes. He still loves having a bottle and snuggling up with you. He loves his sippy cup to, walking around the house he carries it around and thinks he's super cool.  Oh, and he loves back rubs! He still gets so giddy when he sees a dog. When Hudson gets super excited he throws his hands in the air, squeals real loud and runs around. He usually trips and falls but gets right back up because he is so excited. 

Well we did survive our first year of parenting what a challenge and a delight it has been. Maybe we will add one more to the mix soon..... MAYBE ;)

ps. These photos have become significantly harder to take. Here are some more shots from this 12 month session.








Tomorrow I will post all his monthly shots so we can see how he has grown!

No comments: