May 21, 2013

Guest blogger

This is my first blog post, and possibly my last.  My name is Joshua and I am Jean's husband.  I check Jean's blog daily and noticed there has been a lapse in posts.  Therefore, I thought I would write one for her.  On Wednesday (May 15) we decided to go get an ice cream as a treat.
After we returned home Jean was tired and sore.  I gave her a short massage and we got ready for bed.  Seconds later she said, "MY WATER JUST BROKE!"  Of course Jean already had a bag packed for the occasion and we made it to the hospital just before midnight.  Jean was amazing through labor.  I was in charge of correspondance to the outside world (I held both iphones).  Hudson William Raper (H.W.) was born at 13:13 on 5/16/13, on his timetable of course.




















Jean smiled calmly as if she had done this before and I cried, overwhelmed with love.  Of course the families were there to cheer and pass around pictures.  Since his birth, H.W. has been an absolute joy.  H.W. is so calm and relaxed all the time.  He is super ticklish and likes to be held.  He likes music and will not wake up unless you change his diaper.






Of course I could continue to post pictures but it is getting late.  I chose to put the last few pictures of my favorite little man and I together because...it's my blog post :)






Okay-one family photo-

No comments: